• Home
  • Company
  • Products
  • Quality
  • Industrials & Support
  • Product Engineering

Company

History

November 1935 Ochiai Iron Works was founded in Sumida-ku, Tokyo, engaged in the production and sales of press dies and automatic feeders.
Ochiai Iron Works was founded in Sumida-ku, Tokyo
(November 1935)
April 1940 The company headquarters was relocated to Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, in order to expand the plant.
The company engaged in the production of special press machines and special automatic machines.
April 1952 Orders were received for industrial fasteners from the US military Special Procurement Agency.
Technical guidance was also received at this time.
July 1955 The company was reorganized and the Ochiai Manufacturing Co., Ltd. was established.
The company was reorganized and the Ochiai Manufacturing Co., Ltd. was established.
(July 1955)
Construction of the Chiba Plant was completed and operations were started.
(July 1963)
August 1960 The Osaka Office was opened in Osaka-shi in order to strengthen customer service in western Japan.
October 1962 27,000m2 of industrial land was acquired in Kotehashi-cho, Chiba-shi.
July 1963 Construction of the Chiba Plant was completed and operations were started.
July 1963 Technical cooperation was established with Waldas Kohinoor Inc of the US, efforts were made to develop new snap rings as well as to improve the quality of products.
May 1969 The Hamamatsu Office was opened in Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka in order to strengthen customer service and expand sales routes in Shizuoka prefecture and the Chubu region.
October 1970 A plant with the latest equipment to make jigs was built inside of the Chiba Plant.
September 1971 A technology research center was built inside the company headquarters.
March 1973 Comprehensive technical cooperation was established with Waldas Kohinoor Inc of the US, and efforts were made to improve technology and develop new products.
May 1973 100,000m2 of industrial land was acquired in Sukagawa, Fukushima.
September 1974 The headquarters building was built. Computers were introduced.
A multi-tier warehouse was built for the purposes of product management and efforts were made to streamline product management.
February 1977 The Nagoya Office was opened in Nagoya-shi in order to strengthen customer service and expand sales routes in the Chukyo region.
September 1979 Computers in headquarters and all offices were brought online.
Efforts were made to improve customer service and streamline administration work. A plant office was constructed inside of the Chiba Plant.
May 1982 A CAD/CAM system was introduced at the same time.
Efforts were made to streamline die design and die production.
May 1984 The Hiroshima Office was opened in Hiroshima in order to strengthen customer service and expand sales routes in the Chugoku and Kyushu regions.
November 1986 The Chicago Office was opened in Chicago, Illinois in order to strengthen customer service and expand sales routes in the United States.
May 1987 The Kumagaya sub-branch (opened in January 1980) was upgraded to the Kumagaya Office.
September 1988 Fukushima Ochiai Co., Ltd. was established as an affiliate company.
A plant was constructed in Sukagawa, Fukushima and operations were started.
March 1989 Ochiai was awarded the Ford Q2 Award from the Ford Motor Company. It certifies companies having the highest level of product quality.
May 1989 A sales division in the headquarters became an independent entity as the Tokyo Office.
July 1990 The company is renamed Ochiai Co., Ltd.
The company was renamed Ochiai Co., Ltd.
(July 1990)
March 1993 PT. Ochiai Menara Indonesia was established as an affiliate company. A plant was built in Jakarta and operations were started.
October 1995 A new wastewater treatment facility was completed.
The company engaged in complete and thorough activities to prevent pollution.
October 1996 A heat treatment and surface treatment buildings were built.
Automatic feeders were installed and efforts were made to improve productivity.
August 1997 A new press building was completed.
Efforts were made to improve productivity through a rational layout.
December 1998 The company acquired ISO9001/QS-9000 international quality standard certification.
Efforts were made to further establish the product quality system.
February 1999 An intranet, a corporate network, was connected throughout the company in order to speed up a sharing of the vast amount of information.
A local company was established in Hanoi, Vietnam (manufacturing site).(August 2010)
October 2003

Ochiai International Trade (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. was established in Shanghai, China.

October 2004 The headquarters was relocated from Matsushima, Edogawa-ku to Kameido, Koto-ku.
July 2006 The company acquired ISO/TS16949 certification which satisfies global procurement standards for automobile components.
Ochiai Menara Indonesia, an affiliate company, was relocated in order to strengthen and improve facilities.
(May 2012)
August 2010 A local company was established in Hanoi, Vietnam (manufacturing site).
May 2012 PT. Ochiai Menara Indonesia, an affiliate company, was relocated in order to strengthen and improve facilities.
December 2012 The Bangkok Representative Office was established.
May 2014 The Bangkok Representative Office was upgraded to OCHIAI (THAILAND) CO., LTD. to strengthen customer service and expand sales routes in South East Asia.
April 2016 New sales branch, OIF MEXICANA S.A. DE C.V. was established in Guanajuato, Mexico.
May 2018 The company acquired IATF16949 which is the standard of Automotive Industry Quality Management System.
  • unified all-in-one in-house production facility
Contact and Inquiries
  • Ochiai Co.,Ltd.
  • 1-11-12 Kameido, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 136-0071, Japan
  • TEL. +81-3-3636-8802
  • FAX. +81-3-3636-8859
International standard
certification status
IATF16949 ・ ISO 9001 ・ ISO 14001